Fal Energy mtg: 26th June. 7:30pm. Falmouth WI.
Attendees: Paul Parkinson & John Simmons (Mylor Councillors), Rob, Rachel, Caroline(Chair), Lorely(notes), PaulB, Rita, RobHomewood,
Apologies: Nigel. Charmian, Nick, Jeremy, MikeJ, Wendy, Paul&SarahRutter, Nina, SarahNewton, MichelleDavey, Robin, Alex,
- A box of FEP Packs went to Royal Cornwall Show, and another to a ‘green’ event at Penryn College.
- Promotion teams:
- Articles: Rita- words. RobF-proof reading, Paul, RobH, Caroline,Charmian and Lorely.
- Communication Team: Charmian, Paul, RobH, Caroline, Lorely, Rita. RobF technical support.
- Community Outreach Team: Rita, RobF, Rachel, Lorely
- FEP Pack distributors: Rachel, Lorely. Offers please.
- West Briton monthly article – possible start articles in July. Lorely to liase with Lindsay Truro. Possible articles Green Deal, Solar facts,
- Vision/explanatory leaflet – Paul has offered stage 2 – comments requested.
- Rob awaiting agreed content. Draft website being built on www.falenergy.co.uk
- Caroline/Rob to add links to website. Including existing projects locally.
- FEP Hotmap - Caroline/Rob to link to website. Hotmap monitoring: a disclaimer (no endorsements) to be added to the site.
Projects to support in the next few months:
- Mylor Councillors: Rob to send info re Ladock DVD to be used at a Council meeting followed by a talk to Council either from Chris Jones or FEP team. Public promotion in Mylor and Flushing. Offer Uni research projects. PaulP and JohnS.
- Penryn School Swimming Pool – wish to Solar heat. Lorely to contact Andrew
- Falmouth Firestation – have shown an interest in a solar roof – PaulP.
- University partnership: Research Projects and promotion. Rita to find develop contacts/timings. plus Jeremy and PeterConnor. Enquire re Green Deal review.
- New Landlord policy information : Lorely to contact DIGS.
- Fowey requesting support for their planning applications.
- LEAF Shared Experiences meeting in London last week. Caroline able to attend and is compiling a report to send out. (600 applied for the fund 236 succeeded).
- Falmouth One Stop Shop membership point: Lorely to enquire.
- Transport: Cycle and Walking Pilot: A meeting has taken place to make recommendations to the CC consultation. More info from Lorely – firstname.lastname@example.org
Accountant/finances: suggestions so far: contact local accountants and solicitors, Cornwall Volunteers, ideas and contacts please.
- Caroline and Charmian 40min talk to Falmouth Business Breakfast Club – 28th June.
- 21st July: Zero Carbon Day: ? activity on The Moor. Lorely to book space. Ideas requested.
- ‘FalmouthAlive on The Moor’ make it regular from September. Assistance requested.
- Falmouth Town Forum: next meeting 11th July: Jeremy to represent FEP.
- Penryn Fair day.
- Freshers Week October.
- Uni Community day: Jan.
- Stithians Show: Caroline taking FEP Packs.
Meeting venues: PaulP enquiring re Falmouth Firestation room.
Next Meeting: 20th July. Venue tbc.
- 21st Zero Carbon Day.
- What FEP can offer
- Invite Paul Martin to next meeting - Lorely.
- Devise 12month programme activities.
- Student Projects.